What are the Key Internet Stats of Mid 2017?
We Are Social & Hootsuite has published Q3 Digital media Statshot of 2017 with the details of Internet & Social Media User base. According to their research now over 3 BILLION people use social media every month where nearly 2.8 BILLION access social media from mobile.
Here I am arranging the stats from the presentation:
1. Out of total 7.524 Billion Population, 3.819 Billion people are internet users, 3.028 Billion are active social media users, 5.052 Billion is unique mobile users, 2.780 Billion are active mobile social users.
2. Since April 2017, growth in the Internet Users is 8 Million (0.2%), Active Social Media User is 121 Million (4%), Unique Mobile Users is 92 Million (2%), Active Mobile Social Users is 82 Million (3%).
3. Web traffic shared by devices year on year (YOY) change: Laptop & Desktop 41% (-18% YOY), Mobile Phones 54% (+21% YOY), Tablet Device 5% (-7% YOY), Other Device 0.14% (+27% YOY).
4. Global Social Media Usage: Total number of Active Social User is 3.028 Billion (40% of the total population) and total number of Active Social User via Mobile is 2.780 Billion (37% of the total population)
5. Facebook Usage Analysis: Total number of Active Monthly Facebook User is 2.046 Billion. Among them, 59% user use Facebook every day, 87% user access through mobile each day. 56% of them are Male & 44% of them are Female.
6. Mobile Users & Mobile Connection: Total Number of Mobile User is 5.052 Billion (67% of total population), 55% of Smartphone connection among 8.228 Billion total Mobile Connection. (Source: GSMA Intelligence Data)
7. Mobile Operating System (OS) Market Share: Mobile web request from Android devices: 72.9%, iOs devices: 19.4%, Other devices: 7.7%
And, an average smartphone user spends 2.3 GB Mobile Data in a month.
To see the full presentation, check:
For more Internet + Social Media Updates & Articles, VISIT HERE.